EVALUATION GUIDELINES FOR:
EXTERIOR FINISHES, ACCENT MATERIALS AND ROOFING
Rule Adopted: April 21, 1997
Rule Revised: February xx, 2003
ARCHITECTURAL COMMITTEE PHILOSOPHY:
The close proximity of Springbrook homes to each other necessitates careful coordination to ensure that individual residential colors compliment the neighborhood.
SPECIFIC COMMITTEE RULES:
This section describes in general terms, the guidelines that must be followed by the Architectural Committee in reviewing an improvement. Thus:
• All improvements on any of the property shall be maintained in good condition.
• No Aluminum foil or reflective film shall be placed on any window.
• Non-reflective solar film may be used with prior approval from the Architectural Committee. A sample of film must be included with the request.
• Replacement of windows with material that appears to be of the same construction and style does not require prior Architectural Committee approval. Replacement with other types and styles of windows does require prior Architectural Committee approval.
• The only roofing material approved for use on the primary residence in Springbrook Section 1 (Scott Felder area) is a shingle identical to the original roofing material. No other roofing material is acceptable.
• Roofing materials approved for use on the primary residence in Springbrook Section 2 (K&B area) are identical to those originally used on the residence. All other roofing materials require Architectural Committee approval.
• Roofing Material colors must comply with the above section.
• Repainting of a structure’s exterior, in a color that matches the original builder’s color for that structure, is specifically permitted without additional approval of the Architectural Committee.
• Repainting of the exterior of a structure, in an exterior color or finish that does not match the original builder’s color for that structure, requires approval of the Architectural Committee. All requests for approval of “non-builder” colors or color changes shall be reviewed to insure that the color change is not incompatible with the residential development within the property.
• Bright or contrasting colors, including gloss finishes, will not be approved.
• The use of other colors and finishes shall be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
• The painting of trim in a contrasting color is specifically prohibited.
The repainting or re-roofing of Improvements that were “grandfathered” with variances when the Association was formed in 1995 requires prior approval of the Architectural Committee, unless the improvement is re-roofed or repainted in the original “Scott Felder” color for the primary residence on the property.
Fences may be sealed with a clear wood sealer without additional approval of the Architectural Committee. Fences shall not be stained or painted in any other manner.
• All improvements require Architectural Committee approval PRIOR to construction or modification!
• The following must be submitted:
• Specific information showing type of exterior finish, material, and color, as well as roofing type and color shall be provided.
• Samples of materials must be submitted upon request.
KNOWN REGULATIONS BY OTHER AGENCIES:
• None Known
This Rule revised and adopted February xx, 2003 by the Springbrook Owners Association, Architectural Committee.